This is an old revision of the document!
When a notification needs to be sent out to a specific group of students, there is a way to pull the list from PowerSchool, and then create a recipient list for SchoolMessenger to use for the notification.
1. Create the custom list from any type of student data, search for the group of students using any criteria. Refer to the Student Searches wiki page for more details. Example: To find all students that ride bus #100 in the morning, use the search string: busam1=100
2. From PowerSchool, export the Student Numbers from the group of selected students.
3. From PowerSchool, export the Student Numbers from the group of selected students.
4. Next, login to School Messenger
5. Upload the list of Student Numbers into SchoolMessenger
6. Retrieve the contact information from the Student Numbers
The result is a list of recipients stored in SchoolMessenger.
Example: The list consists of all students marked as riding the morning bus 100 in PowerSchool. Remember to repeat these steps for busam2, for those students that transfer onto bus 100.