Some students enroll over the summer break. No show an enrolled student that no longer plans to attend in the fall. Change the Enrollment for the student using the same exit date as the entry date. Also, send the SIS Technician the student number so the enrollment can be removed properly. This is done for students that haven't been assigned a STI (State Testing Identifier).
Example: A preschooler that was enrolled over the summer, will not be attending in the fall.
The SIS Technician must delete the "No Show" enrollment records of the in-district transfer students.
The school must submit the 10 Day Enrollment Report. During the 10 days, the No Show Students are tracked and counted on a daily basis. The students are then watched further to determine if they then become No Show Students that never attended the beginning of school.
No Show Students must be cleaned up after the 10 Report period:
* Remove all absent attendance codes from the Attendance page
* In the Enrollment Record on the Transfer Info page
* Change the exit date from the default value to equal the entry date
* Record the Exit Code as W880 until further information is acquired
* Contact the SRO (School Resource Officer) and share the list of No Show Students to help locate the current status of the missing student
From time to time, the EIMS system does not assign STI (Student Testing Identifiers) for students that were No Show at the beginning of the current school year.
If a student has NEVER attended WCS before, No Shows are not required to have an STI.
If a student has 0 present days for the entire year, they should be treated as a No Show student